The requirements for admission into the Ph.D Philippines Studies program are as follows:
- MA or MS degree from a recognized institution of learning
- Grade weighted average of 1.75 or better
- Letter of application for admission addressed to the Chair, Philippine Studies Council, UP Diliman. At present, the Chair is Ma. Amihan Bonifacio Ramolete, Ph.D.
- Original AND Photocopy of transcript of records (TOR) of undergraduate and graduate studies*
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from former professors or experts from the applicant's discipline(s) /areas(s) of study**
- Duly accomplished Personal Data Form**
- A two-page description of the proposed dissertation with a multi-disciplinal orientation to be presented orally before the Admissions Committee
- Application fee of PhP 100 for Filipino Students and US$ 25 for foreign applicants, to be paid at the UP Cashier
- Two (2) passport-sized photos
- Original and photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Original and photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate (for married female applicants)*
- For foreign students, please consult other requirements here.
* Both original and photocopy will be submitted to the Office of the Head, Secretariat, Tri-College Ph.D. Philippine Studies Program, Room 203, Hall of Wisdom, Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman.
** APPLICATION FORMS
- Personal Data Form
- Recommendation Form (MA)
- Recommendation Form (PhD)
- Dissertation Proposal Form (Applicants to PhD Program only)