Ph.D. in International Studies, Waseda University
Contemporary Japan Studies • Japan-Philippine Relations • Filipino Migration to Japan • Japan and Southeast Asia • Family and Youth Studies
- BSE Major in History, Philippine Normal University-Manila, 2002
- MA Asian Studies, (Southeast Asian Studies), University of the Philippines-Diliman, 2008
- MA Global Studies, Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan, 2012
- Ph.D. International Studies, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, 2016
- Japan Studies
- Filipino Migration to Japan
- Japan and Philippine (and Southeast Asia) Relations
- Social welfare, development and policy in East Asia
- AS 201 Asia in Antiquity
- AS 201 A Modern Asia
- AS 236.3 Society and Culture in Japan
- AS 234 Special Problems in Northeast Asia
- Life and Works of Jose Rizal (DLS-College of St. Benilde)
- Philippine History (DLS-College of St. Benilde)
- Introduction to Global Migration (Sophia University, Tokyo)
2018. “Bonds, Bridges and Links of Hope”: Migrant Support Organizations (MSOs) as Agents of Social Integration of Japanese-Filipino Families. In The State and Non-State Actors in Philippine-Japan Migration, edited by Johanna Zulueta. Manila: De La Salle University Press, pp. 221-254.
2017. “Mothering (in) Which Nation?” Parenting, Citizenship and Politics of Belonging of Filipino Mothers Raising Japanese-Filipino Children.” In Mothers, Mothering, and Globalization, edited by Dorsía Smith Silva, Laila Malik, and Abigail Palko, 183-208. Toronto: Demeter Press
2017. “Growing Up in Transnational Families: Children’s Experiences and Perspectives”. 2017. Co-authored with Theodora Lam, Shirlena Huang and Brenda Yeoh. Handbook on Asian Migrations. Gracia Liu-Farrer and Brenda Yeoh (Eds.). UK: Routledge. Chapter 19.
2015. “Towards a Shared Future?”: Transnational Identity and Belonging of Japanese-Filipino Families in Japan. 2015. In Yuk Wah Chan, Heidi Fung, and Grazyna Szymanska Matusiewicz, eds. The Age of Asian Migration: Continuity, Diversity and Susceptibility. Vol. II, Chapter 3, pp. 67-94. UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
2014. “In Fulfillment of Motherhood: An Exploratory Study of Migrant Mothers on Welfare in Japan”, Journal on Global Social Welfare, Springer, Vol. 1 No. 4, pp. 179-189, 2014.
2014. “Bicultural Parenting in the Eyes of a Mother: Filipino Women’s Politics of Mothering Japanese-Filipino Children. 2014. In Lydia Yu-Jose and Johanna Zulueta (eds.). Migration and Creation of Multicultural Society in Japan. Ateneo de Manila University Press, pp. 80-90.