Ph.D. in Sociology, Xavier University
Religion and development • Mindanao studies • Indigenous people, culture and development • Southeast Asian studies VIEW FULL PROFILE
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Xavier University, Cagayan de Oro City
- M.A. in Asian Studies, University of the Philippines Diliman
- B.A. in Sociology, University of the Philippines Diliman
- Religion and Development
- Mindanao Studies
- Indigenous Peoples, Culture and Development
- Southeast Asian Studies
- AS 252 Readings on Southeast Asia II
- AS 201-A Modern Asia
- AS 206 Religions and Philosophies of Asia
- PS 202 Readings on Philippine Socio-Cultural Studies
- Research Methods (St. Paul University, Quezon City)
- Southeast Asia (Ateneo de Davao University)
- East Asia (Ateneo de Davao University)
- Sociology of Religion (Ateneo de Davao University)
- Sociology of Education (Ateneo de Davao University)
- Rural Sociology (Ateneo de Davao University, UPD)
- Sociology of Development (UPD)
- Social Organizations (UPD)
2016. "Coping with Distance: Children of Filipino Overseas Workers." International Journal on Social Innovation and Research 7 (1): 142–89.
2011. "Social and Environmental Factors in the Manobo Ancestral Domain Claim in Quezon, Bukidnon." St. Paul University Journal, Vol. 4.
2009. "The Higaonon's Beliefs, Rituals and Leadership in Claiming Ancestral Domain." St. Paul University Journal, Vol. 2, 67–97.
2000. “Dialogue between Faith and Culture and Popular Devotions.” In Filipino Popular Devotions: The Interior Dialogue between Traditional Religion and Christianity, edited by Leonardo Mercado SVB, 11–21. Manila: Logos Publications
1999. "Popular Religiosity in the Philippines: Some Challenges and Reflections." KINAADMAN: A Journal of Southern Philippines 22:153–163.
1992. "Landlessness in a Village in Pampanga: Implications for a Policy Reform in Agrarian Communities." Philippine Social Sciences Review 1(1-4): 189–212.
1993. "Rising from the Ashes: The Resettlement of Concepcion." In The Shadow of the Lingering Mt. Pinatubo Disaster, edited by M. Bautista. Quezon City: UP-CSSP, 219–229.