Resources: Downloads and More
This page features select publications of Asian Center faculty and staff that are available for free. These include journal articles in open-access journals, and various opinion pieces, review essays, and commentaries that tackle politics, international relations, foreign policy, migration, cinema, and others. Please note that many of these links are not maintained by the Asian Center, and may thus become inaccessible at some point if and when they are moved or deleted. The Asian Center also publishes an open-access, peer-reviewed journal, Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia, where you can download articles on a variety of topics.
The Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman regulars organizes lectures, conferences, and public forums on various issues affecting Asian societies, which are most of the time free and open to the public. Seating, however, is available only on a first-come, first-served basis. But would-be participants are encouraged to sign up.
The lectures feature experts in various fields of Asian Studies, as well as disciplines, from history, art, political science, and international relations. Click here to view the list of past and upcoming events or sign up for the mailing list to receive invitations.
VIEW FULL LIST OF EVENTS.
The Asian Center regularly publishes press releases announcing recent or upcoming lectures, conferences, and the activities of the staff and faculty, such as their publications, presentations, etc. View the list of press releases or sign up for our mailing list to receive news, updates, and invitations to lectures, conferences, and the like.
VIEW FULL LIST OF NEWS • SIGN UP FOR OUR MAILING LIST
Click on the image below to view a PDF (7 MB) of the titles and authors of theses (MA) and dissertations (PhD) that have been in the UP Asian Center from 1963 to 2012.
Thanks to the efforts of the UP Third World Studies Center who co-sponsored some of the lectures and conferences held at the UP Asian Center, the following video recordings have been uploaded to TWSC's YouTube page, including two of Benedict Anderson's lectures
Page not loading quickly enough?
- Read and Watch: Benedict Anderson: A Memorial
- Read and Watch: The Age of Globalization: Anarchism and the Anticolonial Imagination
- Watch: Interview on PH-China, PH-ASEAN Relations with Professor Aileen Baviera
- Watch: Professor Aileen Baviera of the UP Asian Center Weighs in on President Duterte's Visit to China
- Watch: Professor Baviera Discusses Foreign Policy Prospects Under Duterte Presidency
- Watch: Professor Baviera’s Lecture on “Geopolitical Quandaries in the South China Sea” at Yale University
- Watch: Russia-ASEAN Relations by Dr. Victor Sumsky