Ph.D. in Anthropology, University of the Philippines Diliman
Asian regional studies on gender • human rights • health • curriculum development and policy reforms VIEW FULL PROFILE
- Fulbright Doctoral Enrichment Studies in Anthropology, State University of New York, 1979-1980 (24 units coursework)
- M.A. Asian Studies (Southeast Asia), Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman, 1973
- B.A. Anthropology, University of the Philippines Diliman, 1968
- Asian regional studies on gender
- Human rights
- Curriculum development and policy reforms
- PS 299 Research methods
- PS 219 Philippine culture and society
RECENT SELECT PUBLICATIONS
2012. "Enhancing Gender Equality and Women’s Human Rights: Experiences in the Philippines" (In Japanese). Edited by Tachi Kaoru and Seo Akwi and translated into Japanese by Seo Akwi, Ochi Masami and Nicholls Hayashi Natsuko. Tokyo: Ochanomizu University.
2011. “Promoting Gender Equality: Opportunities and Challenges.” In The Future of Filipino Children: Development Issues and Trends, 24–39, edited by Florangel Rosario-Braid, Ramon R. Tuazon, and Ann Lourdes C. Lopez. Manila: UNICEF and Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication.
2010. “MDG 3 – Promote Gender Equality and Empower Women: An Assessment of Gains and Remaining Challenges.” Transactions of the National Academy of Science and Technology 32 (2): 271–294.
2010. Health of Our Heroes: Qualitative Study on Access to Sexual and Reproductive health Services and Information of Women Migrant Domestic Workers. Quezon City: Action for Health Initiatives, Inc. and IDRC. (Principal Writer).
2010. “Protecting the Victim: Justice Sector Reform in the Philippines.” Gender Perspective 1:5 (September). Singapore: Institute of Southeast Asian Studies.
ACTIVITIES: CONFERENCES ATTENDED, ETC