Ph.D. in Economics, School of Economics, University of the Philippines Diliman
China Studies • Chinese in the Philippines • Philippine Economic History • Development Studies
- Ph.D. in Economics, School of Economics, University of the Philippines Diliman
- M.A. in Economics, School of Economics, University of the Philippines Diliman
- B.S. Business Economics, School of Economics, University of the Philippines Diliman
- China Studies
- Chinese in the Philippines
- Philippine Economic History
- Development Studies
- AS 235.1 Social and Economic Development in China
- AS 298 Special Problems in Asian Studies
- AS 299 Research Methods
- PS 222 Theories of Development
- PS 229 Special Problems in Philippine Development (Political Economy of Institutions and Development)
- PS 288.2 Readings in Philippine Development Studies
- Econ 211 Economic History (UP School of Economics)
- ASEAN 233 ASEAN Economic Development and Business Community (UP Open University)
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
2017. "China Studies in the Philippines: Evolution and Challenges." In From Sinology to Post-Chineseness: Intellectual Histories of China, Chinese People, and Chinese Civilization." Beijing: China Social Science Press. Forthcoming.
2017. "Loyalty on Trial: Chinese-Filipinos and the West Philippine Sea Dispute." In Precarious Belongings: Affect and Nationalism in Asia, edited by Chih-Ming Wang and Daniel PS Goh, 95–114. London: Rowman and Littlefield International.
2016. "Understanding Economic Diplomacy between the Philippines and China." International Journal of China Studies 7 (2): 215–33, August.
2015. "Emerging Asian Communities in Contemporary Philippines." Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia 51:1, edited by Tina S. Clemente and Aileen S.P. Baviera.
2015. "Spanish colonial policy toward the Chinese merchant community in 18th-century Philippines." In Merchant Communities in Asia, 1600–1980, edited by Madeleine Zelin and Yu-ju Lin. London: Pickering & Chatto Publishers Ltd. READ EXCERPT.
2015. "Environmental Governance in the Philippines: Challenges and Prospects." In Environmental Challenges and Governance: Perspectives from South, Southeast and East Asia, edited by S. Mukherjee and D. Chakraborty, 166–82. London and New York: Routledge.
2015. "Connections, Contracts, and Sanctions: Informal Contracting in Commerce Among Chinese in Metro Manila." Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia 51 (1): 39–74 (Co-author: Marco B. Lagman).
2014. “The Arroyo Presidency: Philippine Political Institutions at a Glance.” In The Macapagal-Arroyo Presidency and Administration (2001–2010), edited by Jose V. Abueva, Oscar Alfonso, et. al. Quezon City: Center for Leadership, Citizenship and Democracy, National College of Public Administration and Governance, University of the Philippines.
2014. "Institutional action against Chinese Traders in Spanish Philippines: The 16th-Century Context of Policy Contestations." MANILA: Selected Papers of the 22nd Annual Manila Studies Conference, 27–29 August 2013.
2013. “Guanxi in Chinese Commerce: Informal Enforcement in Spanish Philippines.” Seoul Journal of Economics 26(2): 203–37.
2012. “Chinese Trade in Pre-Spanish Philippines: Credit, Hostage and Raid Regimes.” Journal of Southeast Asian Studies (JATI) 17 (1):191–206.
2011. “Rizal’s Morga and insights into pre-Hispanic institutions and trade.” Philippine Review of Economics 48 (2): 117–50.
2003. “Does Violent Conflict Make Chronic Poverty More Likely? The Mindanao Experience.” Philippine Review of Economics 40 (2):31–58. Co-authors: H. Malapit and C. Yunzal
2012. "The Institutional Imperative: The Politics of Equitable Development in Southeast Asia" by Erik Martinez Kuhonta. Palo Alto, CA: Stanford University Press. Asian Politics & Policy 4(2): 259–61.
2013. "Challenges of the ASEAN Economic Community 2015: Focus on the Philippines." Asian Politics and Policy 5(4):677–80.
2013. "The Super 30: Insights from the Margin.” Asian Politics and Policy 5 (1):162–64.
ACTIVITIES: CONFERENCES ATTENDED, ETC
- 'Moving Forward with PH-China Economic Relations:' Dr. Clemente Presents Paper in Fudan University, Shanghai
- Dr. Tina Clemente Compares Oral Histories of China Studies in PH and Nepal in Bangkok WorkshopDr. Clemente Takes Part in ASEM Think-Tank Symposium in Shanghai
- Chinese Commerce in Spanish Philippines: Dr. Tina Clemente Takes Part in Asian Studies Conference in New York
- Dr. Tina Clemente Presents Exploratory Paper Mapping China Studies in the Philippines
- Dr. Tina Clemente Presents Her Research in Three International Conferences
- Spanish Colonial Policy Toward Chinese Merchants in 18th-Century PH | A Book Chapter by Dr. Clemente
- Between Kyoto and Yokohama: Dr. Tina Clemente Concludes Two-Week Research Visit in Japan
- Dr. Clemente Presents Three Papers on Various Facets of PH-China Relations
- Dr. Clemente Explores PH Economic Vulnerability to Chinese Sanctions at 2016 New York Conference on Asian Studies
- Download FREE: “Understanding the Economic Diplomacy between China and the Philippines” by Dr. Tina Clemente