The UP Asian Center leases out its auditorium for large conferences, seminars, and academic and corporate events. The venue cannot be rented out for parties, weddings, debuts, and the like.
NO BOOKINGS BETWEEN JUNE 25 and AUGUST 31 DUE TO AUDITORIUM RENOVATION
The auditorium can accommodate up to 460 people. It also has a pantry, stage, and small dressing rooms each for male and female. Floor area, excluding the stage and others, is 23 meters x 15 meters. VIEW FLOOR PLAN FOR DETAILED MEASUREMENTS
- First Three Hours: PhP 27,500
- Succeeding Hours or a Fraction Thereof: PhP 5,300 per hour
- Set-up charge: PhP 1,500 per hour/PhP 2,500 per hour with aircon
HOW TO INQUIRE AVAILABILITY
Please read the terms and conditions below before filling out the INQUIRY FORM. Along with "Reservation Procedures," the Terms and Conditions also serve as answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Allowed Use of Auditorium
- The auditorium can be rented for the following events: corporate events, academic conferences, trade and cultural shows. It cannot be used for weddings, birthdays, debuts, and the like. For other events, please indicate so in the Inquiry Form.
- Rental of the auditorium includes use of airconditioning, chairs, a few wooden medium-length tables, LCD projector, and basic sound system.
- Please seek the consent of the Rental office regarding (expected) major logistical arrangements and/or large, specialized equipment before paying the reservation fee.
- The UP Asian Center does not have in-house catering; snacks/lunch can be served in the hallway outside the auditorium.
- The auditorium can be rented Tuesdays to Saturdays only. Bookings are not accepted on Regular Holidays (November 30, December 30, Holy Week, etc.).
Rules and Regulations
A non-refundable fee of PhP 3,000.00 shall be charged upon reservation which shall be deducted from the total amount due. Full payment of rental charges must be made two (2) weeks before the event.
Only one (1) authorized representative of the Organizer shall transact with the UP Asian Center.
The facility must be kept clean at all times during and immediately after the activity. After the event, the organizer must clean up trash, remove posters and signs, and clear the stage of any props and other materials used.
Foods and drinks are prohibited inside the auditorium. Eating and drinking will only be allowed inside the pantry and in the auditorium lobby. Smoking and consuming alcoholic drinks are not permitted anywhere within the University.
Any damage on the facilities e.g. flooring, stage, walls, comfort rooms and others will be charged to the organizer.
Selling of any merchandise and goods are strictly prohibited. Booths will be allowed only upon proper coordination by the organizer to the UP Asian Center
All props, tarpaulins, backdrops and other decorative materials must be ready for installation. Hanging of decors using nails and tapes which can cause holes, dents and stains on the walls is strictly prohibited.
Organizer will be charged for water and electricity consumption during set-up and rehearsals. Sound system and lights brought in by the organizer must use their own power generator. The UP Asian Center has the right to control the loudness of the sound system brought in by the organizer.
Overtime pay for the technician & custodial workers who will render service beyond office hours shall be provided by the organizer. Regular Office hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The UP Asian Center and the University will not be liable for any injury, damage or loss which may result from or at the occasion of the activity of the organizer.
- The UP Asian Center has the right to stop the function should the organizer fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
- Please review the Terms and Conditions above before filling out the Inquiry Form. Along with "Reservation Procedures," the Terms and Conditions also serve as answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- To inquire if your chosen date(s) are available, please fill out the form below. We will then inform you of availability.
- If the availability of your chosen date(s) is confirmed, please fill out the RESERVATION FORM and send it Seya Gallardo:
- Please don't submit a reservation form if your chosen date has not been confirmed
- Please seek the consent of the Rental Office regarding (expected) major logistical arrangements (set-up, equipment you'll bring, etc.) before paying the reservation fee.
OTHER FACILITIES FOR RENT
The UP Asian Center offers M.A. degrees in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. Get an overview of these programs. The Asian Center also houses a peer-reviewed, open-access journal, Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia. It has published several books and monographs, and hosts or organizes various lectures and conferences.