The UP Asian Center leases out its auditorium for large conferences, seminars, and academic and corporate events. The venue cannot be rented out for parties, weddings, debuts, and the like.
The auditorium can accommodate up to 460 people. It also has a pantry and stage. Floor area, excluding the stage and others, is 23 meters x 15 meters. View floor plan for detailed measurements.
- First Three Hours: PhP 27,500
- Succeeding Hours or a Fraction Thereof: PhP 5,300 per hour
- Set-up charge: PhP 1,500 per hour/PhP 2,500 per hour with aircon
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Allowed Use of Auditorium
- The auditorium can be rented for the following events: corporate events, academic conferences, trade and cultural shows. It cannot be used for weddings, birthdays, debuts, and the like. For other events, please indicate so in the Inquiry Form.
- Rental of the auditorium includes use of airconditioning, chairs, medium-length tables, LCD projector, and basic sound system. Please note that the number of these tables is limited. All other, additional equipment have to be brought in by the organizer of the event, but with the consent of the UP Asian Center.
- Please seek the consent of the Rental office regarding (expected) major logistical arrangements (set-up, equipment you'll bring, etc) when filling out the Inquiry Form and/or before paying the reservation fee.
- The auditorium can be rented Tuesdays to Saturdays only.
Rules and Regulations
Organizers /users are required to read and abide by the following rules regarding the use of the facililty.
A non-refundable fee of PhP 3,000.00 shall be charged upon reservation which shall be deducted from the total amount due. Full payment of rental charges must be made two (2) weeks before the event.
Only one (1) authorized representative of the Organizer shall transact with the UP Asian Center.
The facility must be kept clean at all times during and immediately after the activity. After the event, the organizer must clean up trash, remove posters and signs, and clear the stage of any props and other materials used.
Foods and drinks are prohibited inside the auditorium. Eating and drinking will only be allowed inside the pantry and in the auditorium lobby. Smoking and consuming alcoholic drinks are not permitted anywhere within the University.
Any damage on the facilities e.g. flooring, stage, walls, comfort rooms and others will be charged to the organizer.
Selling of any merchandise and goods are strictly prohibited. Booths will be allowed only upon proper coordination by the organizer to the UP Asian Center (kindly inform us when filling out the Inquiry Form below).
All props, tarpaulins, backdrops and other decorative materials must be ready for installation. Hanging of decors using nails and tapes which can cause holes, dents and stains on the walls is strictly prohibited.
Organizer will be charged for water and electricity consumption during set-up and rehearsals. Sound system and lights brought in by the organizer must use their own power generator. The UP Asian Center has the right to control the loudness of the sound system brought in by the organizer.
Overtime pay for the technician & custodial workers who will render service beyond office hours shall be provided by the organizer. Regular Office hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The UP Asian Center and the University will not be liable for any injury, damage or loss which may result from or at the occasion of the activity of the organizer.
- The UP Asian Center has the right to stop the function should the organizer fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
- Please review the Terms and Conditions above.
- To inquire if your chosen date(s) are available, please fill out an INQUIRY FORM or contact Mr. JR Sanchez (Contact Information Below).
- You will receive an email from Mr. Sanchez informing you if your chosen date/time is available.
- If the availability of your chosen date(s) is confirmed, please fill out the RESERVATION FORM and send it to Mr. JR Sanchez via
- Please seek the consent of the Rental Office regarding (expected) major logistical arrangements (set-up, equipment you'll bring, etc.) before paying the reservation fee. Please don't submit a reservation form if your chosen time/date has not been confirmed.
- The Reservation Form will then be approved and signed by the Assistant to the Dean for Administration and Public Affairs.
- We will inform you by email after the Reservation Form has been signed.
- Please go to Room 105, Hall of Wisdom, GT-Toyota Asian Cultural Center to (a) get the payment slip and then (b) pay the nonrefundable reservation fee of PhP 3,000 at the UP Diliman Cashier's Office. View Vicinity Map.
- As proof of payment and official confirmation of reservation, please give the hard copy of the photocopy of the Official Receipt to Mr. JR Sanchez at Room 105, Hall of Wisdom, UP Asian Center.
OTHER FACILITIES FOR RENT
The UP Asian Center offers M.A. degrees in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. Get an overview of these programs. The Asian Center also houses a peer-reviewed, open-access journal, Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia. It has published several books and monographs, and hosts or organizes various lectures and conferences.