Ph.D. in International Studies, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Room 204, Hall of Wisdom
Contemporary Japan Studies | Japan-Philippine Relations | Filipino Migration to Japan | Japan and Southeast Asia | Family and Youth Studies
- BSE Major in History, Philippine Normal University-Manila, 2002
- MA Asian Studies, (Southeast Asian Studies), University of the Philippines-Diliman, 2008
- MA Global Studies, Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan, 2012
- Ph.D. International Studies, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan, 2016
- Japan Studies
- Filipino Migration to Japan
- Japan and Philippine (and Southeast Asia) Relations
- Social welfare, development and policy in East Asia
- AS 201 Asia in Antiquity
- AS 201 A Modern Asia
- AS 236.3 Society and Culture in Japan
- AS 234 Special Problems in Northeast Asia
- Life and Works of Jose Rizal (DLS-College of St. Benilde)
- Philippine History (DLS-College of St. Benilde)
- Introduction to Global Migration (Sophia University, Tokyo)
2018. “Bonds, Bridges and Links of Hope: Migrant Support Organizations (MSOs) as Agents of Social Integration of Japanese-Filipino Families." In Thinking Beyond the State: Migration, Integration, and Citizenship in Japan and the Philippines, edited by Johanna Zulueta, 221-254. Manila and Sussex: De La Salle University Publishing House and Sussex Academic Press.
2018. "Fierté et honte: les émotions des enfants japono-philippins qui migrent pour études." Migrations Société 30 (172): 35–56.
2017. "Minami: Two Centerstages as One." In Moving Portraits: Life Stories of Children of Migrant and Multicultural Families in Asia, edited by Maruja M.B. Asis and Karen Anne Liao, 79–84. Quezon City: Scalabrini Migration Center.
2017. "Rumi and Sachi: Sisterly Love that Binds." In Moving Portraits: Life Stories of Children of Migrant and Multicultural Families in Asia, edited by Maruja M.B. Asis and Karen Anne Liao, 85–90. Quezon City: Scalabrini Migration Center.
2017. “Mothering (in) Which Nation?” Parenting, Citizenship and Politics of Belonging of Filipino Mothers Raising Japanese-Filipino Children.” In Mothers, Mothering, and Globalization, edited by Dorsía Smith Silva, Laila Malik, and Abigail Palko, 183-208. Toronto: Demeter Press.
2017. “Growing Up in Transnational Families: Children’s Experiences and Perspectives.” In The Routledge Handbook on Asian Migrations, edited by Gracia Liu-Farrer and Brenda Yeoh. UK: Routledge.
2015. “Towards a Shared Future?”: Transnational Identity and Belonging of Japanese-Filipino Families in Japan. 2015. In The Age of Asian Migration: Continuity, Diversity and Susceptibility Vol. II, edited by Yuk Wah Chan, Heidi Fung, and Grazyna Szymanska Matusiewicz, 67–94. UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
2014. “In Fulfillment of Motherhood: An Exploratory Study of Migrant Mothers on Welfare in Japan.” Journal on Global Social Welfare 1 (4): 179–189.
2014. “Bicultural Parenting in the Eyes of a Mother: Filipino Women’s Politics of Mothering Japanese-Filipino Children." In Migration and Creation of Multicultural Society in Japan, edited by Lydia Yu-Jose and Johanna Zulueta, 80–90. Quezon City: Ateneo de Manila University Press.
QUICK LINKS: ASIAN CENTER FACULTY