Ph.D. in History, Leiden University
Room 204, Hall of Wisdom
Indonesian Studies | Colonial and Maritime History | Philippine History
- BA in History, University of the Philippines Diliman, 2007
- Advanced BA in History, Leiden University, Netherlands 2010
- Research MA (MPhil) in History, Leiden University, Netherlands 2012
- Ph.D. in History, Leiden University, Netherlands 2018
- Indonesian Studies
- Colonial and Maritime History
- Philippine History
- AS 253 Readings on Southeast Asia II - Island Southeast Asia
- AS 250 Seminar on Southeast Asia
- AS 298 Maritime Connections: Asia and the Pacific
- PS 201 The Philippines in Asia and the Pacific
- PS 204 Philippine Institutions and Social Movements
- Kasaysayan (Kas) 1: Kasaysayan ng Pilipinas (Philippine History)
- Kasaysays (Kas) 2: Ang Asya at and Daigdig (Asia and the World)
- Kas 100: Introduction to World Civilizations
- Kas 116: Philippine Nationalism
- SEA 30: Asian Emporiums: Networks of Culture and Trade in Southeast Asia
Forthcoming. Philippine Crossings: Entangled Voices between Oceans, c. 1500-1800. Leiden: Leiden University Press. (Co-editor: Jos Gommans).
Forthcoming. “Introduction: Philippine Confluences: Iberian, Chinese, and Islamic Currents, c. 1500-1800.” In Philippine Crossings: Entangled Voices between Oceans, c. 1500-1800, edited by Jos Gommans and Ariel Lopez. Leiden: Leiden University Press. (Co-author: Isaac Donoso and Jos Gommans).
2018. "Kinship, Islam, and Raiding in Maguindanao, c. 1760-1780." In Warring Societies of Pre-Colonial Southeast Asia: Local Cultures of Conflict Within a Regional Context, edited by Michael Charney and Kathryn Wellen. Copenhagen: Nordic Institute of Asian Studies.
2014. "An exploration into the political background of the Maguindanao ‘piracy’ in the early eighteenth century." In Piracy and surreptitious activities in the Malay Archipelago and Adjacent Seas, 1600-1840, edited by Y. H. Teddy Sim, 105-120. Singapore: Springer.
Forthcoming. "The Dutch Archives and Maguindanao History in the 18th Century." Journal of Philippine Local History and Heritage 5 (1, February): 173–205.
2014. "Traversing the Malay-Indonesian World: An Interview with Leonard Andaya." Itinerario: International Journal on the History of European Expansion and Global Interaction 38 (1): 7-12. (Co-author: Kathryn Anderson Wellen)
Essay and Review
2018. "Editor's note." Philippine Social Sciences Review 70 (1): i-ii.
2011. "Review of Hayden White: The Historical Imagination by Herman Paul." Social Science Diliman [University of the Philippines] 7 (2): 101-104.
2010. "Of Arms and Strategy: Piracy and the Netherlands Indies Government." Review of Indonesian and Malaysian Affairs 44 (1): 191-222.
QUICK LINKS: ASIAN CENTER FACULTY