The UP Asian Center leases out its auditorium for large conferences, seminars, and academic and corporate events. The venue cannot be rented out for parties, weddings, debuts, and the like.
The auditorium can accommodate up to 460 people. It also has a pantry, stage, and small dressing rooms each for male and female. Floor area, excluding the stage and others, is 23 meters x 15 meters. Stage height is now 3 feet. View floor plan and detailed measurements.
- First Three Hours: PhP 27,500
- Succeeding Hours or a Fraction Thereof: PhP 5,300 per hour
- Set-up charge: PhP 1,500 per hour/PhP 2,500 per hour;with aircon
Kindly note that some of the lights/equipment shown in the photos were NOT provided by the UP Asian Center.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS/ FAQs
Allowed Use of Auditorium
The auditorium can be rented for corporate events, academic conferences, trade and cultural shows. It cannot be used for weddings, birthdays, debuts, and the like. For other events, please indicate so in the Inquiry Form.
Rental of the auditorium includes only:
• Technical assistance (for the Asian Center's own speakers/lights/microphones)
• Airconditioning, basic house lights, chairs
• Few wooden medium-length tables, LCD projector, and basic sound system (speakers and microphones).
Any other equipment/material must be brought in by the organizer. Sound system and lights brought in thus must use their own power generator. Before paying the reservation fee, please seek the consent of the Rental office regarding the equipment you'll bring, especially if it concerns major logistical arrangements and/or large, specialized equipment.
The UP Asian Center does not have in-house catering. Snacks/lunch can be served in the hallway outside the auditorium.
The auditorium can be rented Tuesdays to Saturdays only. Bookings are not accepted on regular holidays (November 30, December 30, Holy Week, etc.).
A non-refundable fee of PhP 3,000.00 shall be charged upon reservation which shall be deducted from the total amount due. Full payment of rental charges must be made two (2) weeks before the event.
Only one (1) authorized representative of the Organizer shall transact with the UP Asian Center.
The facility must be kept clean at all times during and immediately after the activity. After the event, the organizer must clean up trash, remove posters and signs, and clear the stage of any props and other materials used.
Foods and drinks are prohibited inside the auditorium. Eating and drinking will only be allowed inside the pantry and in the auditorium lobby. Smoking and consuming alcoholic drinks are not permitted anywhere within the University.
Any damage on the facilities e.g. flooring, stage, walls, comfort rooms and others will be charged to the organizer.
Selling of any merchandise and goods are strictly prohibited. Booths will be allowed only upon proper coordination by the organizer to the UP Asian Center
All props, tarpaulins, backdrops and other decorative materials must be ready for installation. Hanging of decors using nails and tapes which can cause holes, dents and stains on the walls is strictly prohibited.
Organizer will be charged for water and electricity consumption during set-up and rehearsals. Sound system and lights brought in by the organizer must use their own power generator. The UP Asian Center has the right to control the loudness of the sound system brought in by the organizer.
Overtime pay for the technician & custodial workers who will render service beyond office hours shall be provided by the organizer. Regular Office hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The UP Asian Center and the University will not be liable for any injury, damage or loss which may result from or at the occasion of the activity of the organizer.
- The UP Asian Center has the right to stop the function should the organizer fail to comply with the above terms and conditions.
• Please do not pay the reservation form without reading/accepting the terms and conditions, rules and regulations above.
• Please seek the consent of the Rental Office regarding (expected) major logistical arrangements (set-up, equipment you'll bring, etc.) and other concerns before paying the reservation fee.
2. The Reservation Form will be subject for approval.
3. If/when the reservation has been approved, please go to Room 105, Hall of Wisdom, GT-Toyota Asian Cultural Center to
(a) get the payment slip and then
(b) pay the nonrefundable reservation fee of PhP 3,000 at the UP Diliman Cashier's Office. View Vicinity Map
5. As proof of payment, please give the hard copy of the photocopy of the Official Receipt to JR Sanchez at Room 105, Hall of Wisdom, UP Asian Center.
6. Ensure that full payment is made two weeks before the event.
OTHER FACILITIES FOR RENT
The Seminar Room is ideal for small workshops, meetings, and forums. It can accommodate 50 to 60 chairs, all of which will fill most of the space. In a roundtable set-up, the room can host between 20 to 30 individuals, behind whom can sit observers and other participants.
The UP Asian Center offers M.A. degrees in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. The Asian Center also houses a peer-reviewed, open-access journal, Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia. It has published several books and monographs, and hosts or organizes various lectures and conferences