The Philippines in Asia: An Area Studies, Interdisciplinary Approach to Studying the Philippines
The Philippine Studies program of the Asian Center leading to an MA degree is designed to produce specialists with a broad and integrated comprehension of Philippine society. Students can specialize in any of three areas:
• Philippine Socio-Cultural Studies
• Philippine Foreign Relations
• Philippine Development Studies
The Philippine Studies Program (PSP) takes a Philippines-in-Asia approach, examining the country not only from various disciplinary lenses but also from the perspective of the Philippines' location in Asia.
Thesis or Non-Thesis?
The Asian Center offers two tracks for it MA programs in Philippine Studies:
• Master of Arts in Philippine Studies (Thesis Track) - 30 units
• Master in Philippine Studies (Non-Thesis Track) - 36 units