For IMMEDIATE HIRING: The Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman is looking for one (1) full-time non-UP contractual Research Assistants for a two-year project titled “Bugkos: Putting Equitable Development at the Center of the Asian Century” funded by the Emerging Interdisciplinary Research Grant of the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The research assistant will serve as members of the project staff from September 2016 to August 2017.
- Assist the study leaders in data gathering
- Transcription of interviews
- Documentation of events pertinent to the project
- Drafting of website articles for the promotion of the project
- Perform other administrative and research-related tasks that may be assigned by the program leader or by the operations manager.
- A social science graduate, preferably MA/PhD students, of the University of the Philippines
- Preferably with a background on any or a combination of the following:
- Labor migration
- Political economy
- Social policy and inclusive growth
- Culture and development
- Regional traditional and non-traditional security
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Curriculum Vitae
- Valid ID and a photocopy thereof
- Sample academic writing (term paper or published work)
- A letter of application addressed to the program leader, Antoinette Raquiza, Ph.D.
For additional inquiries, please call Sascha Gallardo at 981.8500 local 3586. Deadline of Application: 5 September 2016.
The Asian Center offers M.A. degrees in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. For an overview of these graduate programs, click here. The Asian Center also publishes Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia, the latest issue of which can be downloaded at the journal's website. View recent and upcoming Lectures & Conferences and read other News & Announcements. Join our mailing list to receive invitations to lectures, conferences, etc.