The UP Asian Center is looking for one, non-UP contractual Junior Museum Specialist who will be tasked to manage the Asian Center museum's collection until 30 June 2020. The contract may be renewed. Deadline of application is 15 February 2020. Deadline extended to 23 February 2020.
- To assist in the coordination and preparation of Asian Center Museum's exhibits and other Asian Center events
- To assist in the management of the Asian Center Museum's cultural programs, including promotion, marketing, etc.
- To take charge of safekeeping, care, and administration of over 1,400 artifacts (digitization and yearly inventory of museum artifacts)
- To assist the Assistant to the Dean for Administration and Public Affairs in preparing proposals, developing linkages, and coordinating with various institutions (UP-based, private, or government agencies) in the transfer and care of the Asian Center Museum's artifacts and murals.
- To perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Dean.
- At least BA/BS degree (preferably in Art Studies, Anthropology, Philippine Studies and related disciplines)
- Knowledgeable in basic MS Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge in handling artifacts
- Experience working in a museum/gallery is preferred
- Online application form
- CV and Letter of Application (One File as PDF)
1. Please fill out the online application form.
The Asian Center offers M.A. degrees in Asian Studies with four fields of specialization: Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and West Asia. The Center also has an M.A. program in Philippine Studies that allows students to major in Philippine society and culture, Philippine foreign relations, or Philippine development studies. The Center offers a Ph.D. program in Philippine Studies in conjunction with the College of Arts and Letters and the College of Social Sciences and Philosophy. For an overview of these graduate programs, click here. The Asian Center also publishes Asian Studies: Journal of Critical Perspectives on Asia, the latest issue of which can be downloaded at the journal's website. For other news and upcoming events at the Asian Center, click here.
The UP Asian Center and the UP Open University ASEAN Studies Graduate Program will be holding a Zoom webinar, “ASEAN Centrality: Up Close and Personal,” on 14 August 2020, 2 pm. Featuring Ambassador Elizabeth Buensuceso, the webinar is free and open to the public, but online registration and a Zoom account are required.
The UP Asian Center and the Center for People Empowerment in Governance will hold a public lecture, VFA Termination: New Strategic Moves? by Ericson Baculinao on 2 March 2020, 2 pm–4 pm, UP Asian Center, Diliman, Quezon City.
The UP Asian Center will be holding the public forum, “People’s Mobility in the Time of CoVid-2019,” on 21 February 2020, 1–4:30 pm, at the UP Asian Center, QC. The event is free and open to the public.
The UP Asian Center will be holding a special lecture and debriefing seminar on Japanese society and culture on 20 February 2020, 1 pm–4 pm, UP Asian Center. QC.